Home Forums Towncraft General Forum Another quick question

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  2skywalkers 1 month ago.

• Author

Yesterday, a user posted a topic saying that his country (The UK) was attacked and that he felt very sad about the incident. He asked more or less for players to simply pay their respects. He also kindly did not go into detail due to Towncraft’s politic rule. His post only two hours after was deleted. I ask why such a fine post was deleted when he did not go into detail or really even disobey that rule. As we know only staff may delete post so I can only lead to the conclusion that it was deleted by a staff member which is why I ask.

Also, may those who have passed in the fighting rest in peace.

Kind regards – Dowg

lilahcatrose

Hi dowg!

The Post was removed due to talking about some in real life incidents, we would prefer if that stuff stays off of Towncraft or our forums. We want the server to stay nice place with no topics that might inforce large amounts of stress or anxiety.

-Lilahcatrose

Hi! I'm lilahcatrose! I like cats and I am a staff on Towncraft: friends and adventure.

You may prefer that, however Towncraft’s rules do not say anything against what he posted. That is why I’m confused at the action that was taken.

lilahcatrose

No violence and no politics are definitely in the rules, Same with no social media talk. So that topic would defiantly not be allowed to be talked about here.

Hi! I'm lilahcatrose! I like cats and I am a staff on Towncraft: friends and adventure.

Either way you could of at least respected his post and told him why it was not allowed or pay your respects and then removed it. The poor lad doesn’t even know why it was removed. In this action he not only has not learned anything from it, but is simply left confused on why it was removed. After talking with him I can see that not one of you even bothered to go talk to him. :/

Also it’s no wonder he didn’t know from the beginning. The rules are not only all over the place, but are at times hard to understand for some players.

TFJosh2016
    Participant

No offense lilah, but this has been handled very poorly.
    Why wasn’t I told?
    Could an edited version be allowed on the forums?
    Thanks for giving me a reason btw it has taken a load of my mind!

“Some say that his new Christmas range of fragrances includes the great smell of ‘Wednesday’, and that he was turned down for the job of EU President because his face is just too recognizable. All we know is he’s called the Stig!” Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

lilahcatrose

I’m so sorry for the misunderstanding.

I wanted to tell you when you got on saying the reasons why the post was removed. But when I had removed it you were not on. The next day I responded in Message to you on the reasons why. As for having an edited version of the post on the forums, I don’t think it would be allowed if it talked about any events related to terrorist attacks or stress inducing things.

Okay, thank you for this I appreciate it a lot. I had one of my post removed some time back and I was never told why it was removed. That is why I was a little angry at this whole situation. Thank you though for understanding! 🙂

TFJosh2016
    Participant

Lilah, thanks for telling me, sorry if I caused any offense with the last post on this topic.
    I posted it before u msged me xD
    Thanks for answering and sorry for trouble caused 😀

“Some say that his new Christmas range of fragrances includes the great smell of ‘Wednesday’, and that he was turned down for the job of EU President because his face is just too recognizable. All we know is he’s called the Stig!” Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

2skywalkers

As the question has been answered, this post will be locked. Lilah is correct though. The reason it was removed without explaining is because we did not want anyone to look it up and see stuff that would make them scared. We needed it gone as quick as possible.

The topic ‘Another quick question’ is closed to new replies.