This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MayorCatz 2 days, 14 hours ago.

• Author

MayorCatz
    Participant

Ok, I applied for moderator about 3 weeks ago, and after waiting, I didn’t get an email or anything. I think it was something to do with changing my name from TC_MayorCatz to xTC_Catz. If I change it back It may solve my problem. But Theres one thing, I have to wait about 30 days until I can change my username back. Please Help!
    -xTC_Catz

Hello! I've Been On TC Since TC3, and even before that! I want to make sure everyone gets the whole package when they come to towncraft. I try to welcome people as much as possible, and I hope everyone has fun in TC!
    --- 😀
    Thank You "Torgjr" more making a big version of my skin on my creative plot! 🙂

lilahcatrose

Hello!

There shouldn’t be an issue you have changed your name, only if you changed your email. If you haven’t changed your email you should get a response soon. I don’t know how long getting a response for your application can take, but I’m guessing it should take around 3 days – 4 weeks.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  lilahcatrose.

Lilahcatrose | Admin | Staff-Management | Cat Lover

MayorCatz
      Participant

Okay, Thanks lilahcatrose. I’ll wait another week and see.

Hello! I've Been On TC Since TC3, and even before that! I want to make sure everyone gets the whole package when they come to towncraft. I try to welcome people as much as possible, and I hope everyone has fun in TC!
      --- 😀

You can now apply for staff? 🙂

MayorCatz
      Participant

You Can Apply For Moderator. The Link is at the top of the page. It says Moderator Application.

--- 😀

Thanks! I guess I need to update my current information. Kind of funny considering how many were against the application process.

lilahcatrose

You can only apply for moderator if you are on in the listed times in the description section for it, if your not on in those times, don’t apply.

Of course! 🙂

MayorCatz
    Participant

EDIT: I’ve Waited About 2 Months and nothing. Please Help!

--- 😀

lilahcatrose

If you have gotten no response it usually means you were not accepted, sorry D:

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  lilahcatrose.

MayorCatz
      Participant

D:

--- 😀

MayorCatz
      Participant

Wait, Can I reapply? Just Wondering, Cuz Ive Been Really looking up to being a staff on my favorite server.

--- 😀

lilahcatrose

I think it might be best not to reapply if you’ve been denied. But moderator applications are not the only way to get staff, You can Earn it still.

MayorCatz
      Participant

Ok. But im still not 100% sure that ive been denied. It could’ve been that i had typed the wrong email. Or Maybe The Email is just late. Im Just saying that there may be a 2% i could be a mod. And If not, I could be nice and earn staff the normal way 🙂

--- 😀

If I understand this correctly. If you are ignored then that means you were not accepted? Is there not even a friendly response or clarification?

MayorCatz
      Participant

Maybe thats how it is 🙁

--- 😀

metallichedgehog
    Participant

Hello!

Do be aware that sometimes we fall behind on things such as applications due to schedules and the like, so don’t take it too hard if you don’t get a response.

Guardian of the Towncraft Minecraft server. May you live on with many potatoes.

That’s incredibly inefficient.

dsperman

Hi,

I’m not sure “inefficient” is the word you’re looking for. 🙂 I think you are frustrated because you constantly seem to think that staff are doing our job incorrectly and do not realize the immense amount of effort that we, as staff members on TownCraft, put into running the server.

Every single staff member on TownCraft is a volunteer. That means we are not paid and are therefore putting in the work we do by choice because we love the server.

As you know (as I distinctly remember you asking quite aggressively about it in the past), we do not usually have applications for staff positions. We added them because we were in need of moderators in certain time zones and decided that an open application system might be effective. These applications will be closed soon because we have accepted enough players to fill the gaps that we needed to fill.

When we accept a player’s application, we contact them as soon as possible in-game to let them know. We do not respond to denied applications. There are several reasons that we currently do not respond to them:

1. We have 3 (total) admins reviewing the applications: lilahcatrose, MCS7, and myself (dsperman). Between the three of us, responding to every single application, whether by email or in-game, is a taxing ordeal and is not always a simple matter of logging on to see that the player is online.
      2. Many players send in several applications each, making it tasking to respond to every single one, every single time.
      3. Many more players are rejected than accepted.
      4. This was a temporary application system and will not be up long enough to warrant the complexities of creating a policy dealing with the responses to players who incorrectly filled out their applications, lied on applications, or are sadly rejected due to other reasons.

These are the reasons the system is how it is, and it is unlikely to change at the moment. Frankly, your attitude on the forums is less than approachable and does not encourage friendly discussion of the topics you so apparently view as absolutely essential. I would be glad to further discuss this with you, if you are willing to please be more accepting towards staff and myself and take on a more friendly attitude. 🙂

Thank you,
      Dsperman

Dsperman | Admin | Staff Management

Thank you for taking your time for replying.
    You’re very right I shouldn’t be so rude and I’m sorry for not thinking about how much you all do. I thank you a lot for explaining this in more depth to me even when I don’t deserve it. Thank you for your patience with me.

I now understand why it is done this way and I have no more questions of my own.

MayorCatz
    Participant

EDIT #2: My Younger Sibling Got Moderator And Im not very pleased. I applied beforehand and I also went into detail of why i value the server and want to be a staff. I also noticed that her “Bedtime” Was About 4 Hours Behind of the time she was supposed to be on. I am always on towncraft at this time, and I and not very happy that my very young sister got staff while I did not.

--- 😀

metallichedgehog
    Participant

Keep in mind that there is more than just being able to attend certain hours that make a good moderator, and some players can get Moderator through regular staff recruitment methods too, not just through the application process. Just because your sister got the rank doesn’t mean you never will.

Guardian of the Towncraft Minecraft server. May you live on with many potatoes.

MayorCatz
      Participant

Ok. Thanks for straightening up my thinking there.

--- 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.