Home Forums Towncraft Support Forum Question about the rules

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FarewellToArms 1 week ago.

• Author

FarewellToArms
    Participant

Hello!

I have a question about the “Family Friendly rule”. How do you deem if something is Family Friendly or not? My reason for asking this is that at when I first joined the server it seemed quite simple, but recently staff have told me that things as simple as “paper cuts” are not Family Friendly. I was also told the word “sucks” is not Family Friendly by one staff, yet another one told me I was completely fine to do so! This has left me quite confused and it seems that the sky is the limit when classifying things. Could you help me?

Thanks!
    -Dowg

“You will make all kinds of mistakes; but as long as you are generous and true and also fierce you cannot hurt the world or even seriously distress her. She was meant to be wooed and won by youth.”

― Winston S. Churchill, My Early Life, 1874-1904

Nuwa

Hiya ^-^
    Staff are all humans, we all have different opinions.
    If you’re confused by multiple different staffs answers go by this:
    If something could frighten, worry, scare, (I could go on but all the words basically mean the same thing) a five year old WITH protective parents then do not say/act/build it. Some things (take our politic rule) are because the kids may get confused and ask their parents and their parents may not wish for their 5 year old to be in the political world at such a young age. I hope you get my meaning, even though this probably isn’t the most direct answer you were looking for but it’s the most helpful in your situation, in my years as staff that’s what I have gone by too if I have ever been confused.
    Nuwa

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" - Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
    "A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf, Lord of the Rings.
    "I don't see how her being cyborg is relevant" - Prince Kai, The Lunar Chronicles, Scarlet

FarewellToArms
    Participant

I’m grateful for your response and I thank you for taking the time to answer me. If it doesn’t bother you I have a few more questions.

It seems to me that few players and staff have a certain immunity to the rules.

For example the rules clearly state “No Guns/Weapons”, yet Drake is off shooting guns like there is no tomorrow and he is not being condemned for his actions. At the same time, I’m not allowed to have guns in my role-plays and once I was nearly banned for having them. Whenever I ask about it everyone just says “Oh, Drake is just being Drake! It’s fine!”. But it is not fine, if he should be able to use guns then I have a right to do so as well. What makes this even worse is the fact that even if guns were allowed that would be a clear breach of the rule “Family Friendly”.

Another example of rule immunity is when Staff have told me something I have done or said is not family friendly (Military ranks in my role-play for example) and yet later I’ll catch them talking about Star wars, Hunger games, Harry potter, or something else not necessarily along that line. Aren’t all of these things un- family friendly by your definition? If so, why is that I and other players are being condemned for things Staff are doing on the same severity?

“You will make all kinds of mistakes; but as long as you are generous and true and also fierce you cannot hurt the world or even seriously distress her. She was meant to be wooed and won by youth.”

Nuwa

Hey 😀 Sorry I couldn’t reply sooner.
    The Drake question all I can say is the server was MADE for Drake, it wouldn’t be around without him. So to such a point he does have an ‘immunity to the rules’, though Kolgrath has tried to make it not so, with the guns, I can’t really say anything – I don’t personally know much about DW.
    I am pretty sure I have replied to the HP SW HG question already, but I may been mistaken. When we speak about HP, SW or HG we don’t talk about the killing side of the books/films. So as such a staff may say; “My favourite character is Dumbledore.” or “I love the part where Chewbacca and Han are piloting the Falcon.” You get my meaning? If anyone directly speaks about ANY violence/etc they get told not to. No staff speak about that.
    I hope this helped 😀

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" - Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
    "A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf, Lord of the Rings.
    "I don't see how her being cyborg is relevant" - Prince Kai, The Lunar Chronicles, Scarlet

FarewellToArms
    Participant

Sorry for my late reply! I haven’t been on the computer for a few days.

I am allowed to say then “George S. Patton is one of my favorite generals in “The longest Winter” or “Sergeant Johnson is my favorite character from “Contact Harvest” as long as I don’t mention violence ect..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.