Home Forums Towncraft Suggestions Role Play

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  JamGotIce 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

stainlessoul
    Participant

I notice that lots of people like to RP but it also causes a lot of chatter; it can be worse than spam. Is it possible to create a RP world with closed chat? Perhaps a “creative mode” city with premade buildings that refreshes daily or weekly.

Alternately, how about typing /rp to switch to a closed chat for role play?

...how can they know unless someone tells them.

Dowg
    Participant

O my goodness, I know what you mean. I’ve was thinking of having plot chat enabled maybe? I love that idea too however! =D

“You will make all kinds of mistakes; but as long as you are generous and true and also fierce you cannot hurt the world or even seriously distress her. She was meant to be wooed and won by youth.”

― Winston S. Churchill, My Early Life, 1874-1904

Ryan
    Participant

Huh. I’ve have that problem too. So much so that sometimes I have to click that button until it reads “Chat: Hidden”. xD I think that’s a great idea.

Oh well, here we go again.

supermudmatthew

Totally! I myself am not a big RP fan and I was thinking about asking an admin to make a closed chat server for RPers who love to be chatty! I just get tired of the non relevant messages i always see rolling in… please make this better!

If you want to say hi to me in-game, I'm usually on Saturday and Sunday!

NerdyBirder

Thanks for the idea guys. I, too, sometimes get tired of seeing all the rp chat. I will make a note of the suggestion and staff will discuss about the pros and cons of the idea 🙂

Dowg
    Participant

I’ll be honest here for a second. It took you guys that long to notice this idea? This post was posted on October 25, 2016. O_o

“You will make all kinds of mistakes; but as long as you are generous and true and also fierce you cannot hurt the world or even seriously distress her. She was meant to be wooed and won by youth.”

― Winston S. Churchill, My Early Life, 1874-1904

Nuwa

Hello!
    Alot staff have only just got an account and moderator access on the forums, Dowg, me included. That’s probably why this post didn’t get an answer sooner

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" - Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
    "A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf, Lord of the Rings.
    "I don't see how her being cyborg is relevant" - Prince Kai, The Lunar Chronicles, Scarlet

Posionapple150
    Participant

I love that idea too, but I think that maybe a staff should think about it, or monitor it. Because maybe some players could say something mean, or against the rules, but this is a great idea. 🙂

JamGotIce
    Participant

I agree, I sometimes get tired of reading all of the rp chat, this could be good for the players who want to read all of the rp chat. NerdyBirder, is the rp chat going to be added in? You talked about maybe adding it in March.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.