Home Forums Towncraft Suggestions Suggestion for a rule in bedwars + bedwars2

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JamGotIce 6 days, 22 hours ago.

• Author

JamGotIce
    Participant

Bedwars so far is great, /bed2 has two gold generators, and /bed is more of a challenge with one gold generator and lots of drops. Basically, /bed and /bed2 have everything, except for one thing. There are people who follow other people around who are going solo, and when the person who wants to go solo tells them to stop, the other person doesn’t listen to them. I think there should be a new rule that says
    “No following other players who don’t want to be teamed.”
    I think this would make bedwars better, and would create fewer arguments.
    Thanks staff for considering this change.

“when it rains, look for rainbows”
    when it's dark, look for stars.”
    ― Unknown 6:49 am
    “Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere. Sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.”
    ― Unknown 7:00 am
    “Who is unknown or otherwise known as the guy who makes quotes on top of mine?”-----JamGotIceGaming 8:31am
    “Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' ...
    ---Unknown 8:32 am
    "Alright, just one more quote," ----JamGotIceGaming 9:32 am
    "Do the greatest," ---Jam

Though it is a frustration especially when you want to go solo. I believe players can work it out among themselves without staff intervention. The advice I would give to those who want to go solo is to first ask politely for the other player to join a different team. If that does not work instead join the conflicting player’s team, but join a different team at the last second therefor gaining a team all to yourself.

That’s what I think, but your suggestion could easily be a better alternative. 🙂

JamGotIce
    Participant

I do try to escape the other person, but sometimes the rest of the teams are filled, so I decide to just leave the game, but the player following me, should have listened when I said I usually type,
    “I’m going solo,”
    But that person doesn’t listen to me.
    That’s the reason I made the suggestion.
    Otherwise, I would do what you said, go to other team.
    I think people join my team because I’m good at Pvp.
    Well anyways, thanks for the suggestion.

“Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere. Sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.”
    “Who is unknown or otherwise known as the guy who makes quotes on top of mine?”-----JamGotIceGaming 8:31am

JamGotIce
    Participant

Well, I just realized the leaving the player that keeps following you isn’t going to work. Because that would waste a lot of time waiting for the game to start again. I’m going to think of some more ideas.

JamGotIce
    Participant

I have an idea on fixing this, more teams would be good, it would not only make bedwars more challenging, but also give the players more of a chance to go solo, or team with the person they wanted to be with. What do you think of this idea staff?

What if there was instead Team mode and solo mode?

Solo mode: Multiple teams that only accept one player.

Team mode: Several teams that each accept a specified number of players that are pitted against each other.

JamGotIce
    Participant

Yeah, I see what you mean, what if someone’s favorite map is solo when they usually play teamed before. And, there are only three maps though. You may be thinking of votes but that would just create more problems with the younger kids who want to team, while the PvP masters want solo. Maybe, the the old /bed cat map could come back making it 4 games which could be made 2 solo and 2 teamed. I do like the idea though, but it could make things more complicated. And, if there were two /bed maps a new /bed lobby would need to be made which would take more time, and I’m sure the admins want to work on something else by now. PvP was added to make Towncraft more fun, but it takes lot’s of work to make sure pvp works correctly. Lot’s of work has been put into it to make sure it works great, and the bedwars makers and helpers have put a lot of work at it. But, I could be completely wrong in a way, we’ll see what an admin thinks first.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  JamGotIce. Reason: Hi

JamGotIce
    Participant

What if there was instead Team mode and solo mode?

Solo mode: Multiple teams that only accept one player.

Team mode: Several teams that each accept a specified number of players that are pitted against each other.

I see what you really mean now, XD, staff could just make the same map twice but solo and team modes. They can just do /clone. It should be pretty easy since most of the staff are redstone experts. This seems like a good idea, but only four players would be able to play solo mode per game. let’s see what a staff thinks of this.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  JamGotIce.

Of course!

JamGotIce
    Participant

Okay, glad I figured out what you meant. I noticed

mode

If you have anymore suggestions to add to this, you are welcome to add some more if you would like.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.