Home Forums Towncraft Suggestions Suggestion.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TheManWithTheOversizedMustache 1 week ago.

• Author

To make communication between staff and players more convenient what if Towncraft had it’s own Discord channel? Discord is easy to use and is highly customizable. For example you can add your own channels for players to discuss different topics in.

Survival channel: players could discuss TC4 topics on here.

Creative channel: players could discuss Creative topics on here! 🙂

Discord in some ways isn’t too different from regular chat though it does have some advantages as you have already seen. Like regular chat in Minecraft it is easy to monitor. Allowing staff to make sure it stays safe for players to use. Now like I have said before Discord can be customized to many of your needs. If you wanted a private channel that only staff could talk in then you could very well do that.

What do you think? 😀

metallichedgehog
    Participant

Hello,

Having a Discord channel for staff communication wouldn’t be very different than what we have now. If a player needs to contact staff, the best way is through actual gameplay. If a Discord server were to be set up, players would need to create yet another account to just be able to do something that can be done via regular Minecraft gameplay. Of course, if the staff member that the player wants to communicate with isn’t online, the player may get frustrated, but all that needs to be done is a /mail. In Discord, the same thing could (in theory) occur. Staff may not always be online, but when that happens, potential trolls could come online and mess around. And if that happens, the Towncraft community would have twice the trolling problems than it has now. Just because it would be easy to monitor doesn’t mean the trolls would be less effective.

What I mean is this: Having a Discord server would really only be an extension for the current chat, and may end up getting checked a lot less than the actual server.

I do understand that it could be helpful, but at this point the regular chat system is working fine, as far as I can tell.

~MetallicHedgehog

Guardian of the Towncraft Minecraft server. May you live on with many potatoes.

Interesting points! Thanks for the reply! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.