Claiming and Managing Land with Grief Prevention

Claiming Land:

Claiming land and protecting it from grief for the first time is as easy as putting a chest down in the center of your land or house. After that you can use a gold shovel to expand your claim or claim entirely new patches of land elsewhere.

You receive 100 blocks of protection when you first start on Towncraft and you earn 15 additional blocks for each hour you’re online. You can also purchase blocks with sponge acquired in-game from mobs and contests, or from our donation shop.

Here’s a video on how easy it is:

Player Command Reference

(See administrative details page for admin commands and permissions.)

Command Description Aliases
/AbandonClaim Deletes the claim you’re standing in.
/Trust Gives another player permission to edit in your claim. /t
/UnTrust Revokes any permissions granted to a player in your claim. /ut
/AccessTrust Gives a player permission to use your buttons, levers, and beds. /at
/ContainerTrust Gives a player permission to use your buttons, levers, beds, crafting gear, containers, and animals. /ct
/TrustList Lists the permissions for the claim you’re standing in.
/SubdivideClaims Switches your shovel to subdivision mode, so you can subdivide your claims. /sc
/BasicClaims Puts your shovel back in basic claims mode. /bc
/PermissionTrust Grants a player permission to share his permission level with others. /pt
/Untrust All Removes all permissions for all players in your claim.
/AbandonAllClaims Deletes all of your claims.

Allowing Friends To Share Your House and Land:

It’s as easy as doing /Trust Playername. But if you look above there are other commands you can use, such as /ContainerTrust, /PermissionTrust, and /AccessTrust to give custom levels of trust to your friends. And remember you can always use the /untrust command to take them off your property.

Town Owners: You Can Subdivide Claims!

If you want to create a town you can claim a large area of land (if you have the blocks available) and then use /SubdivideClaims to rent or sell plots of lands to people. You retain full control over the land so if someone abandons it or doesn’t follow the town rules you can reclaim that property!

Gifting/Selling Land To Another Player:

An OP will have to perform this action for you, but it is possible. Just submit your claim with /report or /ticket and someone will come assist you in your land transaction.