Ranks have been replaced by responsibilities in the new world.
You currently have the following choices:
As a hunter it is your responsibility to clear out mobs and keep citizens safe. As hunting and fighting is your main focus, you will receive the following perks:
- 33.3% increased chance to make sword skills and abilities activate.
- 33.3% increased chance to make unarmed abilities and skills activate.
- 33.3% increased chance to make archery skills and abilities activate.
As a farmer it is your responsibility to grow food and livestock to support the needs of the population. As farming will be your main focus, you will receive the following perk:
- 33.3% increased chance to activate your herbalism abilities
Man cannot live off of bread alone and as a Fisherman it is your job to add a little fish to that diet. In addition to bringing in fish, you will also be able to pull up treasure that you can use to equip yourself and your comrades to protect yourself against the onslaught of creatures in the night. Your perk:
- 33.3% increased chance to shake treasure off of mobs and pull treasure up while fishing
As a blacksmith it is your responsibility to craft and repair armor to keep our fighting men and women prepared out in the field. To reflect your expertise in blacksmithing, you receive the following perks:
- 33.3% increased chance to activate smelting bonuses
- 33.3% increased chance to activate super repair bonuses
- 100% chance to preserve any enchantments on the items you repair
As a miner it will be your responsibility to head into the depths of the new planet to excavate to vital resources needed to craft the important items we need to survive. As an expert in excavation you will receive the following perks:
- 33.3% increased chance to activate excavation skills and abilities
- 33.3% increased chance to activate mining skills and abilities
As a builder it is your responsibility to construct the various shelters and fortifications that will protect our citizens from enemies and the elements. You will receive the following perks:
- First opportunity to accept building challenges to receive valuable items in return
- 33.3% increased chance to activate acrobatics abilities, allowing you to receive less damage when leaping from buildings you are constructing.
As a lumberjack you will be clearing the vast forests that surround our settlements. The timber you provide to builders will be an essential part of our colonization of this new world. To reflect your hearty woodsman spirit, you will receive the following perks:
- 33.3% increased chance to activate woodcutting skills and abilities
- 33.3% increased chance to activate axes skills and abilities
As a merchant you will focus on trading with your fellow citizens and deliver the goods they need, or direct them to other citizens who can provide the services they’re looking for.
They say “an army marches on its stomach”. That makes you a vital part of life on the new world!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I accept a role?
A. Visit the Duty Assignment Center near spawn.
Q. Will there be more roles added?
A. Yes. As we settle this new world we will discover new roles that need to be filled. Positions such as Chef and Brewer will certainly need to be filled in the future.
Q. Will there be more perks added?
A. Yes. As we get settlements constructed and citizens gain proficiency in their new roles, new abilities and skills will be discovered to improve the efficiency of their jobs.
Q. If I choose one role, can I change my mind later?
A. Yes. Just go to the “Duty Assignment Center” and choose your new job.
Q. Will there be any sort of way to “rank up”?
A. In the future roles will be expanded to allow players to gain reputation in that position and earn additional perks and powers along the way. Stay tuned, more details will be given as they become available.