So You Want To Be A Mayor?
Being a Mayor isn’t easy. It takes a great town and hard work. But if you insist, here’s how to earn the right to be a mayor.
The minimum criteria for becoming a Mayor:
1) Your town has to look nice.
If your town is made of mostly cobblestone and square box houses, you aren’t going to qualify. We want to award the Mayorship to town owners that have pride in the look of their town.
2) You need to have at least 5 people other than yourself living there.
What’s the point of being a Mayor if you don’t have people to be a Mayor over?
3) Your town needs to have at a spawn building and at least 2 other community buildings/features.
This could include (but is not limited to): a public mine, an enchanting house, a trade shop for residents to sell their stuff to each other, or a town hall.
4) Your town needs infrastructure.
At the very least connect houses with nice roads. Having some rail and a river will help too.
5) You need to be prepared to build a town booth on the /spawn trade show floor.
If you are selected to be promoted to a Mayor you must be prepared to welcome new players into your town. To do this, you’ll need to build a nice booth to represent your town at spawn. An OP will set you up with a place to build. Your booth can not exceed 10 blocks high.